Since the initial launch, the team here at Virustatic has been working round the clock to make sure that not only families across the country are shielding themselves and protecting others but we are getting our masks to essential frontline workers.
As part of our ongoing ethos to support, protect and enable people to feel safe in their everyday lives, we set up a donation scheme and this week we have organised over 5,000 products to be given to those in frontline roles across the UK.
“We have already seen how our protective shield is making a difference to people who need it and that families across the UK are shielding themselves and protecting others,” said operations director, Kieron Browne. “It’s always been our intention that when full production was in motion for us to support those who truly need it, those selfless individuals still working on the frontline, saving lives and maintaining our nation’s many critical infrastructures.
“We know the safety of any worker is paramount to the organisation in which it works. We wanted to do something significant to help those still working, and those vulnerable, in what is a really difficult and challenging time for us all.”
The coating on Virustatic’s Shield gives real virus stopping power. It acts as a barrier to viruses carried in aerosols invisible to the human eye. The coating’s cationic properties attract, trap and kill viruses in airborne droplets 15 times smaller than a human hair.
Tests using live influenza viruses show it is effective against airborne pathogens. And Virustatic Shield’s super-fine material is 100% breathable. This means it is safe to be worn by even those suffering from extreme respiratory problems.
Kieron added: “We’re truly grateful to all our frontline workers who are working tirelessly, in difficult circumstances, amidst the coronavirus pandemic. The virus is not going to go away, so we all need to interrupt transmission. We have already received many thank you notes from these organisations and can’t wait to see the pictures they’ve said they are happy to share with us.”
Those organisations that were successful in our first donation scheme were:
- Betsi Cadwaladr Hospital Ysbyty Gwynedd
- Scottish Ambulance Service
- NHS Trust Bangor
- Lakeside Medical Centre
- Alaw day unit, Bangor
- Bluebird Care South Gloucestershire
- Medic1 Direct Ltd
- Gerafon Surgery
- District Nursing team Bangor
- TGP Cymru
- Felinheli and Menai Bridge Surgery
- NHS Theatres, Ysbyty Gwynedd
- PLAS GWILYM
- Welsh Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Rescue International H2
- Health visitors across the UK.
- Betsi Cadwalader University Health Board
- North Wales Fire and Rescue service
- Rhos Care Home
- Allied health care
- Caring at home
- North Wales Housing
- Saint John of God
- Anheddau Cyf
- Conwy County Borough Council – Education Social Work Service
- Hafan Cefni
- Bethesda/Bangor District Nursing Team
- Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
- Enable Scotland
- Community High Dependency Team
- East Midlands Ambulance Service
- Helibalw Gwarchodwyr-Childminders
- Carelink Homecare Services Ltd
- Madryn House Surgery Rhyl
- Rowlands Pharmacy
- GP out of Hours Service, Caernarfon
- Jane Lewis Healthcare
- Plas Penmon Care Home
- Plas Penmon
- Welsh Ambulance Service NHS Trust, North Clinical Contact Centre
- North Wales Police
- Support Workers across the UK.
- Arfon Community Mental Health Team
- NHS on the Banc
- Phillip Stonehouse
- Walls Residential Care Home Ltd.
- Mental Health nursing team, Hergest Ysbyty Gwynedd
- NHS Royal Hospital Chesterfield/ A&E Red Zone(Covid)
- Allied Healthcare
- Carelink Homecare services
- BCU NHS Wales West
- Cyfle Support Services Cyf
- Active 8
- Community Learning Disability Team, Anglesey Council
- Danesfield School
- Anglesey County Council
- Bryn Derwen St. Asaph Ltd
- 16+ Team, Children and Families department, Social Services
- Achieve together (Cerrig Camu)
- Magnolia house
- BCUHB Community Nursing team Gwynedd
- Betsi Cadwaladr ULHB
- NHS Bryn y Neuadd Hospital – unit Tan y Coed
- Hergest Unit- Yg
- TGP Cymru Team Around the Tenancy
- Bramhall and Shaw Health Medical Group
- JB Caring and Domestic Services
The Virustatic Shield has been designed to mould to the wearers face, making it suitable for men and women, young and old. While its single layer of cloth offers unrivalled virus protection.
To protect consumers against ineffective copies, each Virustatic Shield is fitted with an anti-fake security label. Special heat-activated ink, invisible UV features and an encrypted QR code, linked to a unique serial number verifies the authenticity of each Virustatic Shield.